Thursday, 9 February 2017
Chicken Momos recipe || Steamed Momos || Chicken Dim Sum - Nepali Chicke...
Chicken Momos recipe || Steamed Momos || Chicken Dim Sum - Nepali Chicken momos
Steamed Chicken momos are popular recipe of Bhutan and Nepal. It is very healthy momo recipe and very easy to prepare.
3 cups refine flour,
400g chicken means,
2 tsp garlic - crushed
1 cup onions - chopped
1 cup coriander leaves - chopped
1 tsp soya sauce
salt to taste
4 tbsp oil
- In bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt and oil and mix well.
- Add water (little at a time) to knead the dough.
- Keep kneading until you get a semi stiff dough, cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside.
- In a another bowl add chicken means, onions, garlics, coriander leaves, soya sauce, salt and oil, mix well.
Take a small portion of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a small disc.
- While rolling, make sure that it is slightly thinner at the edges and thick at the centre.
- Place the stuffing at the centre and wet the edges with water.
- Fold the edges towards the centre similar to the method of making modak.
- Boil enough water in a momo steamer or large container and place a strainer over it and also brush it slightly with oil. Place the momos on it and close the lid.
- Let them steam for about 10 - 12 minutes.
- The delectable, mouth watering chicken momos are ready to be served with green chutney url is here: https://youtu.be/4b13YUuQRls